Friday, December 5, 2014

My Top 3 Books of November 2014

This semester has been flying by!  Finals are next week, and once that's over, I'm excited to post a couple more reviews for ARCs I read.  For now, here are the books I read in November:

- Guy in Real Life by Steve Brezenoff
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
- The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFavers
- The Sisters Who Would be Queen by Leanda de Lisle
- For Real by Alison Cherry
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
- Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Captive by Aimee Carter

Here's my top 3 favorites:

1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas.  Um, how is it that every book in this series keeps getting better and better?  Heir of Fire was emotional, gripping, and action-packed.  As always, Maas's writing style is brilliant and perfectly suited for fantasy books, an I was an awe over Celaena's character growth and the events of this book.  Amazing!

2. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFavers.  Like Heir of Fire, this fantasy book blew me away.  I have so enjoyed reading this series and Mortal Heart was no exception.  I was stunned by two amazing twists, and it was impossible not to root for the characters.  I was glued to this book and I'm so glad I read it!

3. The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey.  It had been a year and a half since I read the first book in this series, so I didn't remember a lot.  I will say that I think I enjoyed the first book better, but this was still an impressive sequel.  It took me a while to get into it and remember all the characters, but once I did, I couldn't put it down.  There is some truly great writing, and I love how Yancey explores the gray areas of good and bad.  And UGH the cliffhanger.

Shoutout to Captive for being utterly awesome!  (And I'll have a review for it posted soon!)

What books have you enjoyed lately?

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment