Monday, February 3, 2014

My Top 5 Books of January 2014

Here's all the books I read in January:

- Blackout by Robison Wells
- Secret by Brigid Kemmerer
- Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
- Taste Test by Kelly Fiore
- Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland
- Ruined by Jus Accardo
- The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
- Confessions: The Private School Murders by James Patterson
- Remnants: Season of Wonder by Lisa T. Bergren
- Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bergren
- Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
- Once We Were by Kat Zhang
- Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins
- Winter's Kiss by Catherine Hapka and Jennifer Echols
- Renegade by J. A Souders
- Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout
- The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

Not quite twenty books this time...the reason being, I started Supernatural on Netflix last month.  Of course, I immediately became hooked, so I've been watching it as much as possible lately.  Sadly, that means less reading time!  Also, I was bummed out - I went through quite a reading slump at the beginning of 2014; the first 5 or 6 books I read all got three-star ratings or less. :/ Anyway, here's my top five favorites.

1. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales.  I bought this book based solely on all the gushing 4- or 5-star reviews from all of my Goodreads friends, and it was SO worth it.  I could relate so much to the main character and her awkward personality; I am a lot like her. :) This was a gorgeously written coming-of-age story.

2. The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead.  The Bloodlines series just keeps getting better and better.  I still don't like Sydney as a main character as much as I liked Rose in the VA series, but the storyline and the writing were so addicting that I read this in a day.  Also, I have the biggest crush on Adrian Ivashkov.

3. Remnants: Season of Wonder by Lisa T. Bergren.  Lisa's books never disappoint!  I've been kind of sick of dystopians lately, so I was afraid I wouldn't like this, but it was wonderful.  Lisa did a great job of making this story stand out from other dystopians.  I also liked that it had a kind of fantasy-ish feel to it.  Loved the main character and the sweet romance, as well.

4. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg.  I can't say enough good things about this book.  It was positively adorable and fluffy and really just a perfect contemporary story.  Although I had liked Eulberg's previous books, this one is definitely her best work yet.  She's improved so much as a writer and I can't wait to read more of her future work.

5. Renegade by J. A. Souders.  This was a fun, fast read that kept me turning the pages.  I got slightly annoyed with the naive main character and the cliche-filled romance, but aside from that I was really impressed with Renegade.  There's lots of action and twists, and the setting is so unique.  It's a good read if you're looking for something different.

What did you read last month?  What have been some of your favorite reads so far in 2014?

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment