Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.  Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices.  This week's topic is "Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR List."

I split my list up - the first five are actual winter releases, and the last five are books that I already bought/received/got from the library. :)

My Top Ten:

1. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.  I can't wait for the conclusion to the Shatter Me trilogy.  I love these books so much.  Mafi is an incredibly talented writer.

2. White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  A new JLA series about gargoyles and demons?  Sign me up, please!

3. Evertrue by Brodi Ashton.  This series has such a unique spin on Greek mythology, and I totally love it.  Like Shatter Me, I'm beyond excited for this but so sad to see the series end.

4. Cress by Marissa Meyer.  These are some of the best YA fairytale retellings ever.  Meyer never disappoints and I can't wait to see what she does with the story of Rapunzel.

5. Split Second by Kasie West.  I fell in love with West's books this year, and I can't wait for this one - the sequel to Pivot Point.  Her books are always full of wit and sass!

6. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.  I did something I usually never do - I saw the movie before I read the book.  *ducks head in shame* I'd wanted to read the book before the movie came out, but there were too many holds on it at my library.  I finally have a copy, though!

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  I haven't yet seen the movie for this one, but I'm excited to finally dive into the book.  I've heard nothing but great things about it.

8. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole.  This has been on my TBR list for ages and I finally snatched it up when it went on sale for Kindle.  Most of my Goodreads friends have gushed about it, so I'm interested to see what all the hype's about.

9. Defy by Sara B. Larson.  Netgalley approved me for this one, and I definitely need to get started on it soon, as it releases next month.  I love fantasy books and this one sounds similar to Graceling, which I loved, so I can't wait to start it.

10. Blackout by Robison Wells.  I loved Wells' book Variant, and even though Blackout has gotten some negative reviews, I'm still hoping that I'll enjoy it.

What books are on your TBR list?  Leave a comment with a link to your blog so I can stop by!

~ Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment