Thursday, June 6, 2013

YAGB Baltimore Workshop

Last night I got to meet five of my favorite authors!  Somehow, I convinced my dad to drive me two hours to Baltimore to go to a writing workshop and book signing by authors Kat Zhang, Sarah Maas, Susan Dennard, Erin Bowman, and Jodi Meadows.

It was pretty epic.  Allow me to explain my feelings in gifs.  There was a lot of this going on:




Suffice it to say, it was a pretty awesome evening.  All the authors were SO sweet and amazing, and I got lots of great advice, ideas, and inspiration from the two-hour writing workshop.  And the book signing afterwards was so much fun!  These authors are so genuinely sweet and just all-around wonderful, inspirational people.  Of course, I collected tons of swag. :) Here's a couple pictures from after the signing:


Jodi Meadows, me, and Kat Zhang!


Jodi Meadows, Kat Zhang, me, Erin Bowman, Sarah Maas, and Susan Dennard!

I had an awesome time.  Thanks so much to these amazing authors for taking time out of their busy schedules to come talk to us about writing.  I learned a lot from the workshop and had a great experience!

~ The Bookworm

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kaitlyn! *waves energetically*

    It was so nice to meet you yesterday - and I hope we meet again! And thank you for finding me first - I wouldn't have forgotten, but it might have taken me a while to find everyone. I'm slowly getting there! :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I enjoyed getting to meet another blogger; I haven't had a chance to meet many in real life. :) Thanks for stopping by! I hope we'll be able to meet at another book event sometime.

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome! I've never been to a book signing before, but it looks you had a great time! I've never read any of their books, but they are all on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! This was only my second book signing, but it's such a great experience. I hope you get to check out some of these books soon - they're amazing! :)

      Delete