Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Top 5 Books of May 2013

At the beginning of each month, I post a list of the books I read in the previous month and what my favorite books were.  Here's all the books I read in May:

- Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
- Ink by Amanda Sun
- Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Taken by Erin Bowman
- The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
- Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- So Close to You by Rachel Carter
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- Dark Triumph by R. L. LaFevers
- The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
- Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
- Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
- Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Sirens by Janet Fox
- How to Take the Ex out of Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison
- Love Story by Jennifer Echols
- Woman of Honor by Nicole Zoltack
- Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman
- Private by Kate Brian
- The Lazarus Machine by Paul Crilley
- Of Triton by Anna Banks

Thank goodness school is finally out - I've had lots more time to read in the past couple weeks.  My top 5 favorite books:

1. Dark Triumph by R. L. LaFevers.  My word, this woman can write.  I think this is even better than her first book, Grave Mercy.  All the historical detail...it's just amazing.  Not to mention the wonderful characters.  Like Beast. *dreamy sigh*

2. The Diviners by Libba Bray.  After going through post-Downton Abbey depression, I decided to read this and totally loved it.  I'm just in awe at how brilliant it is.  I felt like I was in the 1920's - that's how good her writing is.

3. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard.  This book has it all.  It's an awesome historical/steampunk mash-up that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I mean, zombies + parasols = perfection.  Charming and delightful.  Can't wait for the sequel!

4. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle.  I wasn't expecting to love this modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet so much, but it was amazing!  A great twist on the classic tale, and all the characters were so real and well-developed.  Amazing contemporary book.

5. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller.  Yay for books that are unashamedly, wholeheartedly, wonderfully nerdy.  I was grinning and nodding my head the whole time while reading this.  Nerdfighters for the win!

What books have you read recently?  What were some of your favorite reads from last month?  I'd love to know, so feel free to drop a comment. :)

~ The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment