Friday, May 3, 2013

My Top 5 Books of April 2013

At the beginning of each month, I post a list of the books I read in the previous month and what my favorites were.  These are all the books I read in April:

- The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- The Collector by Victoria Scott
- Money Run by Jack Heath
- Prophecy Girl by Cecily White
- Black City by Elizabeth Richards
- Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
- Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
- Alice in Zomieland by Gena Showalter
- Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
- The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross
- Phoenix by Elizabeth Richards
- Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
- Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
- Unremembered by Jessica Brody
- The Elite by Kiera Cass
- If I Should Die by Amy Plum
- The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

My top five favorites:

1. Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  This is the fourth book in the Covenant series, and definitely my favorite so far!  I adore how snarky and strong Alex is, and of course Aiden is adorable!

2. Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer.  This was such an awesome contemporary.  I loved how the characters in it were so nerdy - I could totally relate to them, lol.  Normally I don't give light, cute contemporary books five stars, but I have to say, this one deserves it!

3. The Elite by Kiera Cass.  I know lots of bloggers aren't crazy about The Selection series, but I have to admit that I love these books.  They're like my guilty pleasure.  I love how girly and princess-y this book is!

4. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa.  I was nervous about starting this, but I love it just as much as Julie's original Iron Fey series!  Ethan is a great narrator, and I love Kenzie!  (Also, who doesn't adore Grimalkin?  He reminds me of the Grumpy Cat meme, haha!)

5. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt.  Loved how heartfelt and touching this book was.  I read it at just the right time, too - I'd been reading lots of paranormal books, and this contemporary story was so refreshing and funny!  Highly recommended.

Honorable mentions go to The Collector, Pretty Girl-13, and Alice in Zombieland!

What were your favorite reads from last month?

~ The Bookworm

2 comments:

  1. Now I really want to read Apollyon and The Lost Prince even more!!!
    Have you read The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa yet? I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Immortal Rules series yet! I'm not a big fan of vampires, so I wasn't planning on reading them. But everyone seems to love them, so I'm going to give them a try soon!

      Delete