Saturday, April 20, 2013

Book Review: Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Goodreads summary:

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


My review:

I swear, somehow each book in this series keeps getting better than the last.  I can't believe the last book, Sentinel, comes out in December.  I'm going to go through major post-series depression when the Covenant series is over.

Basically...I love everything about this book.  And I mean everything.  It's perfect in every way: the mythology, the dialogue, the characters, the plot, the writing.  Jennifer L. Armentrout is a freakin' genius!  All of her books are so addicting, and Apollyon is no exception.

Oh, Alex.  You guys, I love this girl.  She's such a great heroine and I love how much character growth she has in the Covenant series, especially Apollyon.  Alex really starts trying to control her temper and make wiser choices, and man, I love her character.

Of course, then we have Aiden.  I don't think my heart can take it anymore - I love him more and more with each book!  In Apollyon, we learn more about him and realize just how complex and layered his character really is.  And through it all, he's always such a support to Alex.  Love him.

The plot is amazing!  I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and, even though I was sick at the time I was reading this, had a terrible headache, and really needed more sleep, I stayed up late to finish this.  It was SO worth it.  Oh, and the snappy dialogue had me laughing my head off the whole time.

What more can I say?  Jennifer L. Armentrout has done it again.  I'm beyond excited for Sentinel to come out!

My rating: 10 out of 10 (5 stars)

~ The Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment