Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Sweet Peril

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to read.

My pick is Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins!


Goodreads summary:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


My thoughts:

I'm so excited for this book!  I loved the first book in this series, Sweet Evil.  It's so hard to find good books about angels, and I think this series and the Unearthly series are the only ones that I really like a lot. 

The summary sounds amazing.  And, of course, the cover is gorgeous.  I can't wait to get my hands on this when it comes out.  Plus, Wendy Higgins lives close to where I live, so I'm hoping I can make it to a signing when Sweet Peril comes out!  *fingers crossed*

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

~ The Bookworm

4 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for Sweet Peril. I read Sweet Evil not long ago, and I loved it. Can't wait to read what will happen next. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! :D Glad to hear that you loved Sweet Evil.

      Delete
  2. It seems like everyone is excited for this one including myself! Sweet Evil was so unlike any other angel book I've read and I've read quite a few. Great pick this week <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I so agree. There's tons of angel books out there, but this really is one of the best. Thank you!:)

      Delete