Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I HAD to Buy...But Are Still Sitting on My Shelf Unread

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Broke and Bookish.  Each week, a new list topic is posted, and book bloggers fill in their choices.  This week's topic is "Top Ten Books I HAD to Buy...But Are Still Sitting on My Shelf Unread."

My Top Ten:

1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.  Bought this when it was on sale at a used bookstore...and yeah, that was months ago and I still haven't gotten to it!

2. Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke.  I had to get this last summer because it's about dragons, which I love, but yeah, I totally haven't picked it up...

3. Falling in Love with English Boys by Melissa Jensen.  Yes, I admit it, the title made me buy this one when I saw it at a book fair.  Really need to read it soon, it sounds adorable.

4. Katie Parker series by Jenny B. Jones.  This is one of my favorite authors, so I've been dying to read this series, but I always have so many other new books to read first!

5. Love Story by Jennifer Echols.  Huge fan of this author's books.  I can't believe I haven't gotten around to this one yet!

6. Veiled Rose by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.  I've had this for ages and I feel so bad that I haven't read it yet.  It's the sequel to her first book Heartless.

7. How to Take the Ex out of Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison.  This author is great if you're looking for cute, light reads.  I got this at a bookstore on sale, but haven't found time to read it yet.

8. The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra McVoy.  I guess my excuse for this one is that I'm waiting until it's summer to read it. ;) Haha, it looks like a cute summer-y novel.

9. Enthusiasm by Polly Shulmon.  This is, I think, a retelling of Pride & Prejudice, or somehow related to it.  I think I've had it for a year now...I really, really need to read it soon.

10. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan.  Over a year ago, I started this, but I wasn't as crazy about it as his other books, so I didn't finish it.  I definitely need to pick it back up again soon.

This is such a great list topic.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels guilty when I realize how many books I own that are unread, lol.  Leave a link to your TTT in the comments! :)

~ The Bookworm

2 comments:

  1. Love story is the only book by Jennifer Echols I have read, and it is such a cute novel. Great list! There are some interesting books on your list.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Em! :) That's great about Love Story. I've loved all the other Jennifer Echols books I've read, so I'm sure it'll be great!

      Delete